Motorbike fan donates 70th birthday cash to GP surgery
- Credit: Archant
A woman has raised £540 for her GP surgery to thank the ‘brilliant’ staff for helping her battle with chronic illnesses.
Elaine White, from Winscombe, decided she would like to cross off one of the items on her bucket list for her 70th birthday, by riding on a Harley Davidson.
Her friends from Winscombe Community Singers organised the ride which ended at one of Weston's popular bike nights.
Elaine's friends surprised her with a birthday party at Scallys, where they donated £540 to Winscombe's GP surgery in her honour.
She said: "I had said I didn't want birthday presents. I wanted to raise money for the doctor's surgery because I've got a lot of health problems and the surgery is amazing.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm there at least once a fortnight for blood tests and to see doctors and the surgery has just done so much for me.
"I'm lucky - they look after me extremely well. They are brilliant."
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 6 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 7 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 8 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working