Motorbike fan donates 70th birthday cash to GP surgery
- Credit: Archant
A woman has raised £540 for her GP surgery to thank the ‘brilliant’ staff for helping her battle with chronic illnesses.
Elaine White, from Winscombe, decided she would like to cross off one of the items on her bucket list for her 70th birthday, by riding on a Harley Davidson.
Her friends from Winscombe Community Singers organised the ride which ended at one of Weston's popular bike nights.
Elaine's friends surprised her with a birthday party at Scallys, where they donated £540 to Winscombe's GP surgery in her honour.
She said: "I had said I didn't want birthday presents. I wanted to raise money for the doctor's surgery because I've got a lot of health problems and the surgery is amazing.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm there at least once a fortnight for blood tests and to see doctors and the surgery has just done so much for me.
"I'm lucky - they look after me extremely well. They are brilliant."
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Will garden village be revived?
- 6 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 9 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder