Youth theatre to perform Our Day Out
- Credit: Archant
A school trip to the zoo, castle and fairground is the premise for Winscombe Youth Theatre’s latest play.
The group is performing Our Day Out, by Willy Russell, with songs and music by Bob Eaton, Chris Mellor and Willy Russell.
Our Day Out is about a school trip to Wales which highlights the depressing present and empty future of the deprived children.
The story was originally set in Liverpool, but the group has relocated it to Bristol with the children going on a trip across the Severn Bridge to Wales.
Winscombe Youth Theatre trains at Churchill Academy and Sixth Form on Saturdays.
You may also want to watch:
Students, aged four to 18, are taught drama, singing and dance and take part in productions.
Performances are at 11.30am and 3.30pm on Saturday at Churchill Academy, in Churchill Green.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 3 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 4 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 7 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 North Somerset Council pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
Tickets, priced £8-12 are available to purchase from The Florist Shop, in Ashley Close, or by calling 01934 842004.