Youth theatre to perform Our Day Out
- Credit: Archant
A school trip to the zoo, castle and fairground is the premise for Winscombe Youth Theatre’s latest play.
The group is performing Our Day Out, by Willy Russell, with songs and music by Bob Eaton, Chris Mellor and Willy Russell.
Our Day Out is about a school trip to Wales which highlights the depressing present and empty future of the deprived children.
The story was originally set in Liverpool, but the group has relocated it to Bristol with the children going on a trip across the Severn Bridge to Wales.
Winscombe Youth Theatre trains at Churchill Academy and Sixth Form on Saturdays.
You may also want to watch:
Students, aged four to 18, are taught drama, singing and dance and take part in productions.
Performances are at 11.30am and 3.30pm on Saturday at Churchill Academy, in Churchill Green.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 4 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 7 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network
- 10 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
Tickets, priced £8-12 are available to purchase from The Florist Shop, in Ashley Close, or by calling 01934 842004.