Fears over condition of Winterstoke Road
- Credit: Archant
The condition of one of Weston’s busiest roads has been questioned.
Readers have got in touch with the Mercury to voice their concerns over the road’s poor condition as pot holes and bumps have been spotted near the roundabout and Lidl supermarket.
One concerned resident raised fears the road was ‘sinking’.
North Somerset Council, which is responsible for road repairs, confirmed in August Weston’s roads will benefit from surface improvements to prepare them for winter, but Winterstoke Road will not be one of them.
A council spokesman said: “We are aware of the condition of Winterstoke Road and it continues to be regularly inspected.
You may also want to watch:
“Any defects identified through these inspections which are deemed to present a hazard to road users will be repaired.
“We accept Winterstoke Road is in need of much larger repairs and, while it is included in our future plans, the necessary £500,000 funding has yet to be identified for the scheme.”
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
- 10 Tuk-tuks to provide tourist information service in Weston