WODS presents Oklahoma for 40th anniversary
WORLE Operatic and Dramatic Society (WODS) will present the classic musical Oklahoma to celebrate the theatre company’s 40th anniversary.
Featuring Rodgers and Hammerstein’s much-loved songs including, Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin’, I Cain’t Say No and Surrey With The Fringe On Top, the show has a time-tested charm which has enchanted audiences for decades.
The theatre company, which features talented actors and actresses of all ages, will perform at The Playhouse over three nights this month.
The stage is set in Oklahoma territory at the turn of the 20th century with farmers and cowboys battling to establish their rights in the pioneering South West.
It follows Laurey, an endearing yet independent farm-girl, and the two rivals for her affection - Curly, a handsome cowboy and Jud, the hired farmhand, a mysterious and dangerous loner.
Curly and Laurey stubbornly refuse to acknowledge their feelings for each other and the rivalry between Jud and Curly escalates with tragic consequences.
Oklahoma will be performed by WODS from November 15-17 at 7.30pm. Tickets, priced �12, are available from the box office on 01934 645544 or via www.worleoperatic.co.uk/tickets
- 1 Man attacked with axe in Weston
- 2 WATCH: Cars get caught out by tide on Weston beach
- 3 Boat sinks off Weston coast
- 4 'Tragedy' as hundreds of fish die in Weston pond
- 5 Weston MP slams council for bus cuts in North Somerset
- 6 Weston Labour launch campaign to halt bus cuts in North Somerset
- 7 See Monster viewing platform to open next week
- 8 Life-sized suffragette made of Lego to tour Weston next week
- 9 Person dies after incident at Weston's Marine Lake
- 10 Man jailed for savage attack on three women at Weston pub
The Mercury has teamed up with The Playhouse to offer three readers the chance to win a pair of tickets to the show.
To enter the competition simply answer the following question: Which anniversary will WODS be celebrating this year?
Send your answer, along with your name, address and a daytime telephone number, to: Oklahoma competition, Weston,
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.
Alternatively click on the link in the top right hand corner.