Woman assaulted in Burnham
8.50am. 12.09.07- A WOMAN was assaulted in Burnham while walking down an alleyway. The victim was walking down the path between Dunstan Road and Rosewood Park in the town when she was followed by a man.
A WOMAN was assaulted in Burnham while walking down an alleyway.
The victim was walking down the path between Dunstan Road and Rosewood Park in the town when she was followed by a man.
He approached the woman and assaulted her before running off back towards Dunstan Road.
The victim was sat at the end of the alleyway in a distressed state when a man and a woman walked by her. These two people are likely to have passed the attacker as he fled.
You may also want to watch:
The attacker is thought to be a white man between 20 and 30 years old, 5ft 10ins with a slim build. He was wearing dark clothing and had short dark hair that was spiked with gel. He also spoke with a local accent.
Police are keen to speak to the couple who passed by and anyone else who may have information about the attack, which happened on Sunday at 2.30am.
- 1 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 2 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 3 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 4 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 5 Summer by the Sea: 'North Somerset is the place to be'
- 6 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer
- 10 Yatton development welcomes first movers
Anyone who can help is urged to call police on 0845 456 7000 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.