Elderly woman dies after A38 crash
- Credit: Google Street View
A pensioner has died of injuries sustained when her car crashed into a wall on the A38.
Police have confirmed the elderly woman died in hospital yesterday (Thursday).
Emergency services rushed to Main Road in West Huntspill after her car collided with a wall just after noon on Wednesday.
The road was closed for almost four hours and police say her next of kin were informed that same day.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Constabulary said: "The driver of a car involved in a single-vehicle collision on the A38 in West Huntspill sadly died in hospital the next day.
You may also want to watch:
"The family are aware and are being supported by a specialist family liaison officer.
"Officers are making further enquiries on behalf of the coroner.
- 1 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Will garden village be revived?
- 6 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 7 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 10 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
"Anyone who saw the collision is asked to call 101, quoting reference number 5219209764."
The road was closed for almost four hours while police investigated the incident.