Elderly woman dies after A38 crash
- Credit: Google Street View
A pensioner has died of injuries sustained when her car crashed into a wall on the A38.
Police have confirmed the elderly woman died in hospital yesterday (Thursday).
Emergency services rushed to Main Road in West Huntspill after her car collided with a wall just after noon on Wednesday.
The road was closed for almost four hours and police say her next of kin were informed that same day.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Constabulary said: "The driver of a car involved in a single-vehicle collision on the A38 in West Huntspill sadly died in hospital the next day.
"The family are aware and are being supported by a specialist family liaison officer.
"Officers are making further enquiries on behalf of the coroner.
- 1 Two cases of Omicron Covid variant in Somerset after PARTY, say officials
- 2 Convicted murderer to appeal against sentence - claiming media footage ‘impeded’ fair trial
- 3 Eight people hit with fines for public space breaches in Weston
- 4 Rural 12-acre plot to be developed
- 5 Weston nursing home revs up for Rosa Ferrari's 100th birthday celebrations
- 6 50 arrests made in SIX DAYS after launch of Christmas drink-driving campaign
- 7 ELECTION: Labour announce Weston Central ward candidate
- 8 Elderly couple targeted by distraction burglars
- 9 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
- 10 Band to fundraise for Weston General radio station
"Anyone who saw the collision is asked to call 101, quoting reference number 5219209764."
The road was closed for almost four hours while police investigated the incident.