Elderly woman dies after A38 crash
- Credit: Google Street View
A pensioner has died of injuries sustained when her car crashed into a wall on the A38.
Police have confirmed the elderly woman died in hospital yesterday (Thursday).
Emergency services rushed to Main Road in West Huntspill after her car collided with a wall just after noon on Wednesday.
The road was closed for almost four hours and police say her next of kin were informed that same day.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Constabulary said: "The driver of a car involved in a single-vehicle collision on the A38 in West Huntspill sadly died in hospital the next day.
You may also want to watch:
"The family are aware and are being supported by a specialist family liaison officer.
"Officers are making further enquiries on behalf of the coroner.
- 1 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 5 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 6 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 7 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 8 Around 3,000 patients leave Weston surgery after being 'fed up with problems'
- 9 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend
"Anyone who saw the collision is asked to call 101, quoting reference number 5219209764."
The road was closed for almost four hours while police investigated the incident.