Woman dies after collapsing at recycling centre
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 60s has died suddenly after collapsing at a Somerset recycling centre.
Emergency services attended the scene after the woman collapsed at Highbridge Recycling Centre in Bennett Road on September 2 at around 5pm.
Police confirmed the death is not considered suspicious and Viridor, which operates the recycling centre on behalf of Somerset Waste Partnership, sends its condolences to the woman’s family at this ‘very difficult time’.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Constabulary said: “At 5.50pm on September 2, officers were called to Highbridge Recycling Centre following the sudden death of a woman aged in her 60s. The death is not suspicious and has been referred to the coroner.”
A spokeman for Viridor said: “Viridor, can confirm a member of the public collapsed and, despite the very best efforts of the emergency services, sadly died at the recycling centre on September 2.
You may also want to watch:
“Viridor and Somerset Waste Partnership say their thoughts were with the family and friends of the deceased at this very difficult time.”
- 1 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 2 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 8 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 9 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 10 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston