Woman dies after collapsing at recycling centre
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 60s has died suddenly after collapsing at a Somerset recycling centre.
Emergency services attended the scene after the woman collapsed at Highbridge Recycling Centre in Bennett Road on September 2 at around 5pm.
Police confirmed the death is not considered suspicious and Viridor, which operates the recycling centre on behalf of Somerset Waste Partnership, sends its condolences to the woman’s family at this ‘very difficult time’.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Constabulary said: “At 5.50pm on September 2, officers were called to Highbridge Recycling Centre following the sudden death of a woman aged in her 60s. The death is not suspicious and has been referred to the coroner.”
A spokeman for Viridor said: “Viridor, can confirm a member of the public collapsed and, despite the very best efforts of the emergency services, sadly died at the recycling centre on September 2.
“Viridor and Somerset Waste Partnership say their thoughts were with the family and friends of the deceased at this very difficult time.”
- 1 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 2 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 3 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 4 Teachers at school take on Movember challenge
- 5 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 6 Weston MP tells Boris Johnson UK childcare is among 'most unaffordable'
- 7 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 8 How Somerset's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Famous spoof awards winner announced
- 10 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks