Woman dies following motorway collision
- Credit: Highways England
A woman who was involved in a collision with a lorry on the M5 between Burnham and Bridgwater on Saturday has died.
The collision happened at about 6am on the southbound carriageway between junctions 22-23.
The driver of the car suffered serious head injuries and was taken to hospital, but she died over the weekend.
More: M5 reopens following six-hour closure due to 'serious accident'.
Avon and Somerset police is keen to hear from anyone who was on the M5 on Saturday who may have seen the incident or has dashcam footage shortly before it happened.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 and quote reference number 5219265362.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 Inadequate care home responds
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 9 Special school expansion progress
- 10 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone