Woman dies following motorway collision
- Credit: Highways England
A woman who was involved in a collision with a lorry on the M5 between Burnham and Bridgwater on Saturday has died.
The collision happened at about 6am on the southbound carriageway between junctions 22-23.
The driver of the car suffered serious head injuries and was taken to hospital, but she died over the weekend.
More: M5 reopens following six-hour closure due to 'serious accident'.
Avon and Somerset police is keen to hear from anyone who was on the M5 on Saturday who may have seen the incident or has dashcam footage shortly before it happened.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 and quote reference number 5219265362.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 4 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 9 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 10 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village