Woman dies following motorway collision
- Credit: Highways England
A woman who was involved in a collision with a lorry on the M5 between Burnham and Bridgwater on Saturday has died.
The collision happened at about 6am on the southbound carriageway between junctions 22-23.
The driver of the car suffered serious head injuries and was taken to hospital, but she died over the weekend.
More: M5 reopens following six-hour closure due to 'serious accident'.
Avon and Somerset police is keen to hear from anyone who was on the M5 on Saturday who may have seen the incident or has dashcam footage shortly before it happened.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 and quote reference number 5219265362.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 4 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 5 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 6 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 9 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 10 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant