Road closed after woman dies on A370
- Credit: Google Maps
A woman died yesterday evening (Monday) after being involved in a collision with a lorry.
A major commuter route remains closed this morning (Tuesday) following the fatal collision.
The A370 Bridgwater Road is closed between Lympsham and Bleadon while police investigate the scene.
Motorists are being told to avoid the area after a collision between a car and a lorry happened at 5.30pm near the Ferry Lane junction with the A370, close to the Hobbs Boat Inn.
The female occupant of the car, who was in her 40s, was seriously injured in the collision and died shortly after.
You may also want to watch:
An Avon and Somerset police spokesman said: "The road is currently closed while collision investigators complete their examination of the scene and motorists are being advised to avoid the area and find alternative routes.
"We are working to open the road as quickly as possible and thank everyone for their patience and understanding."
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Village housing development nears completion
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
If you witnessed this collision, or have information which could aid the police in their investigation, call the Collision Investigation Unit on 101 and give the call handler the reference number 5219105250.