Road closed after woman dies on A370
- Credit: Google Maps
A woman died yesterday evening (Monday) after being involved in a collision with a lorry.
A major commuter route remains closed this morning (Tuesday) following the fatal collision.
The A370 Bridgwater Road is closed between Lympsham and Bleadon while police investigate the scene.
Motorists are being told to avoid the area after a collision between a car and a lorry happened at 5.30pm near the Ferry Lane junction with the A370, close to the Hobbs Boat Inn.
The female occupant of the car, who was in her 40s, was seriously injured in the collision and died shortly after.
An Avon and Somerset police spokesman said: "The road is currently closed while collision investigators complete their examination of the scene and motorists are being advised to avoid the area and find alternative routes.
"We are working to open the road as quickly as possible and thank everyone for their patience and understanding."
- 1 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 2 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
- 3 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 4 Weston business launches recruitment drive
- 5 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 6 How you can keep your mobile charged at Glastonbury 2022
- 7 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 8 Weston primary school students 'heartbroken' after vandals strike
- 9 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
- 10 Weston's new mayor and deputy formally elected at council ceremony
If you witnessed this collision, or have information which could aid the police in their investigation, call the Collision Investigation Unit on 101 and give the call handler the reference number 5219105250.