Road closed after woman dies on A370
- Credit: Google Maps
A woman died yesterday evening (Monday) after being involved in a collision with a lorry.
A major commuter route remains closed this morning (Tuesday) following the fatal collision.
The A370 Bridgwater Road is closed between Lympsham and Bleadon while police investigate the scene.
Motorists are being told to avoid the area after a collision between a car and a lorry happened at 5.30pm near the Ferry Lane junction with the A370, close to the Hobbs Boat Inn.
The female occupant of the car, who was in her 40s, was seriously injured in the collision and died shortly after.
You may also want to watch:
An Avon and Somerset police spokesman said: "The road is currently closed while collision investigators complete their examination of the scene and motorists are being advised to avoid the area and find alternative routes.
"We are working to open the road as quickly as possible and thank everyone for their patience and understanding."
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 8 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
If you witnessed this collision, or have information which could aid the police in their investigation, call the Collision Investigation Unit on 101 and give the call handler the reference number 5219105250.