Worle woman finds snail in Tesco sandwich
- Credit: Archant
A Worle woman has been left in ‘shock’ after finding a snail in her sandwich bought from Tesco.
Faye Johnson, aged 23, discovered the snail in her chicken and chorizo sandwich from Weston's Tesco Express, in Boulevard, after her 'tooth grazed something'.
When the secretary saw the snail, she immediately threw the sandwich, which was part of the company's £3 meal deal, onto her desk.
Faye, who had assumed it was a bone, ended up having a 'panic attack' and 'cried' after the incident.
She said: "It was awful. I had eaten half of the sandwich and my tooth grazed something.
You may also want to watch:
"I assumed I was going to find a bone in my sandwich, that would've been fine, and then I looked and saw the snail.
"I was super upset and I was in a state.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 3 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 School to host outdoor open day
"One of my colleagues took it back to Tesco and they gave him my cash back that I spent on the meal deal.
"I certainly won't be having Tesco's sandwiches for a very long time."
A Tesco spokesmansaid: "We were really sorry to hear about this. We have extremely high standards and our suppliers take great care to ensure salad and other vegetables are washed thoroughly before they are used in our products.
"We have given the customer a refund and will investigate further with our supplier."