Woman jailed for common assault on aircraft
- Credit: Archant
A woman was jailed yesterday (Thursday) for being drunk and disruptive on a Bristol Airport flight.
Sheila Thompson was sentenced to 12 months in prison after admitting to common assault and being drunk on an aircraft.
This related to incidents on a flight from Bristol to Alicante on September 30.
Shortly after take-off Thompson, aged 53, began behaving in a disruptive manner.
Her actions caused the plane to return to the airport shortly after take-off.
You may also want to watch:
When it landed, Thompson, of Hele Road in Torquay, was arrested and subsequently charged.
Police airport commander inspector Barney Gardom said: “We will not tolerate this sort of abusive behaviour and work with the airport to take robust action against disruptive passengers.
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 6 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
“We will, where possible, take action to put the offenders before the courts.”