Woman jailed for common assault on aircraft
- Credit: Archant
A woman was jailed yesterday (Thursday) for being drunk and disruptive on a Bristol Airport flight.
Sheila Thompson was sentenced to 12 months in prison after admitting to common assault and being drunk on an aircraft.
This related to incidents on a flight from Bristol to Alicante on September 30.
Shortly after take-off Thompson, aged 53, began behaving in a disruptive manner.
Her actions caused the plane to return to the airport shortly after take-off.
You may also want to watch:
When it landed, Thompson, of Hele Road in Torquay, was arrested and subsequently charged.
Police airport commander inspector Barney Gardom said: “We will not tolerate this sort of abusive behaviour and work with the airport to take robust action against disruptive passengers.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 3 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 7 Banwell bypass route chosen
- 8 New principal appointed at academy
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision
“We will, where possible, take action to put the offenders before the courts.”