Woman jailed for common assault on aircraft
- Credit: Archant
A woman was jailed yesterday (Thursday) for being drunk and disruptive on a Bristol Airport flight.
Sheila Thompson was sentenced to 12 months in prison after admitting to common assault and being drunk on an aircraft.
This related to incidents on a flight from Bristol to Alicante on September 30.
Shortly after take-off Thompson, aged 53, began behaving in a disruptive manner.
Her actions caused the plane to return to the airport shortly after take-off.
When it landed, Thompson, of Hele Road in Torquay, was arrested and subsequently charged.
Police airport commander inspector Barney Gardom said: “We will not tolerate this sort of abusive behaviour and work with the airport to take robust action against disruptive passengers.
- 1 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 2 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 3 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 4 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 5 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 6 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 7 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 8 Court rules that Baytree School expansion can go ahead
- 9 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 10 Man SPAT at shop staff in row over face mask
“We will, where possible, take action to put the offenders before the courts.”