Woman jailed for common assault on aircraft
- Credit: Archant
A woman was jailed yesterday (Thursday) for being drunk and disruptive on a Bristol Airport flight.
Sheila Thompson was sentenced to 12 months in prison after admitting to common assault and being drunk on an aircraft.
This related to incidents on a flight from Bristol to Alicante on September 30.
Shortly after take-off Thompson, aged 53, began behaving in a disruptive manner.
Her actions caused the plane to return to the airport shortly after take-off.
You may also want to watch:
When it landed, Thompson, of Hele Road in Torquay, was arrested and subsequently charged.
Police airport commander inspector Barney Gardom said: “We will not tolerate this sort of abusive behaviour and work with the airport to take robust action against disruptive passengers.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 3 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 4 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 7 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 North Somerset Council pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
“We will, where possible, take action to put the offenders before the courts.”