Woman raises more than £1,000 after baking treats for family and neighbours
- Credit: Archant
A woman from Locking has raised more than £1,200 for charity through her version of a coffee morning.
Annie Brooks hosted the event at her home to raise money for Macmillian cancer support.
The 52-year-old baked 26 cakes and five types of sausage rolls with other treats on the side for friends and family.
She said friends from as far as Peterborough and Oxford came to support her.
She said: "It took me four days to make all the cakes but the sausage rolls were definitely a favourite this year.
You may also want to watch:
"I used to do the race for life for cancer research but it got too much so I started baking instead.
"I've been doing this for six years now, each year we raise a little more than the previous year.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 3 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 4 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 5 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 6 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 7 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 8 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 9 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 10 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
"The turn out was great and everyone had such a good time."
To donate money, visit www.justgiving.com/Annette-Brooks8