Woman rescued after flat fire

PUBLISHED: 14:25 07 September 2013 | UPDATED: 14:25 07 September 2013

Archant

A WOMAN was evacuated by firefighters after a blaze in a Weston flat.

The fire in a flat in Clevedon Road was attended by crews from Avon Fire and Rescue Service at 3.30am this morning (Sat).

Two firefighters with breathing apparatus went into the property to rescue the woman in her 40s.

Her friend had already left the building and they were treated for smoke inhalation.

One of them was taken to hospital for precautionary treatment and the cause of the fire is believed to have been accidental.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists