Woman suffers ‘serious injuries’ after collision with car in Weston
- Credit: Becky Davis
A woman has suffered serious injuries after she was involved in a collision with a car in Weston this morning (Wednesday).
The incident took place in Clifton Road, off Weston Seafront, at around 11.45am.
She has since been taken to Southmead Hospital for treatment.
A spokesman from South Western Ambulance Service NHS Trust said: "We were called at 11.45am about a collision reportedly involving a pedestrian and a car on Clifton Road, in Weston.
"We sent various resources to attend the incident including a land ambulance crew and an air ambulance crew.
You may also want to watch:
"Our crews treated a female patient at the scene and took her to hospital for further care.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Constabulary said: "We were called to Beach Road in Weston at 11.48am today following a collision between a car and a pedestrian.
- 1 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 4 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 5 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 6 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 7 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 8 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 9 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 10 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
"The pedestrian has suffered serious injuries and is due to be taken to Southmead Hospital.
"An investigation into this collision is under way."