Woman suffers ‘serious injuries’ after collision with car in Weston
- Credit: Becky Davis
A woman has suffered serious injuries after she was involved in a collision with a car in Weston this morning (Wednesday).
The incident took place in Clifton Road, off Weston Seafront, at around 11.45am.
She has since been taken to Southmead Hospital for treatment.
A spokesman from South Western Ambulance Service NHS Trust said: "We were called at 11.45am about a collision reportedly involving a pedestrian and a car on Clifton Road, in Weston.
"We sent various resources to attend the incident including a land ambulance crew and an air ambulance crew.
You may also want to watch:
"Our crews treated a female patient at the scene and took her to hospital for further care.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Constabulary said: "We were called to Beach Road in Weston at 11.48am today following a collision between a car and a pedestrian.
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 Record fuel prices pose health threat for Weston parent
- 3 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 4 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 5 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 6 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 7 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 8 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 9 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 10 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
"The pedestrian has suffered serious injuries and is due to be taken to Southmead Hospital.
"An investigation into this collision is under way."