Woman treated for shock after house blaze
11am 02.11.07 - FIRE crews were called to a house fire in Brent Knoll on Wednesday night, which left two residents needing treatment for smoke inhalation.
FIRE crews were called to a house fire in Brent Knoll on Wednesday night, which left two residents needing treatment for smoke inhalation.
Engines from Weston, Burnham and Bridgwater attended the blaze in Station Road, at around 5.30pm.
When crews arrived, the ground floor of the semi-detached property was well alight.
The fire was put out within an hour, but 90 per cent of the property was damaged by fire, heat and smoke.
You may also want to watch:
The neighbouring house was checked for any fire damage but it had not been affected.
A 26-year-old woman was treated for shock by ambulance crews.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 7 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 8 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 9 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 10 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
The cause of the fire is under investigation.