World-renowned artist creates 500th design in Brean
- Credit: Archant
A popular land artist gave himself a tough challenge by commemorating his 500th picture with a sand drawing on the beach at Brean.
Simon Beck, aged 56, is best-known for his stunning geometric snow and sand designs.
For his 500th piece, he created a Sierpinski pyramid on the popular beach.
Simon said: “From the top of the down it looks better than I anticipated.
“I anticipated a lot of the public would walk over it. As you see, there are lots of footprints on it, but that has not done as much damage to the overall effect as I thought it would. Well, we live and learn.”
You may also want to watch:
Simon returned to the beach on Sunday to create a second star-shaped design.
The artist was commissioned by a campaign group earlier this month to create pictures of characters from popular TV show Sanditon to appeal for a second series.
- 1 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 2 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 3 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 4 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 5 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 6 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 7 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 8 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 9 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal