World-renowned artist creates 500th design in Brean
- Credit: Archant
A popular land artist gave himself a tough challenge by commemorating his 500th picture with a sand drawing on the beach at Brean.
Simon Beck, aged 56, is best-known for his stunning geometric snow and sand designs.
For his 500th piece, he created a Sierpinski pyramid on the popular beach.
Simon said: “From the top of the down it looks better than I anticipated.
“I anticipated a lot of the public would walk over it. As you see, there are lots of footprints on it, but that has not done as much damage to the overall effect as I thought it would. Well, we live and learn.”
You may also want to watch:
Simon returned to the beach on Sunday to create a second star-shaped design.
The artist was commissioned by a campaign group earlier this month to create pictures of characters from popular TV show Sanditon to appeal for a second series.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 4 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 7 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network
- 10 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar