World-renowned artist creates 500th design in Brean
- Credit: Archant
A popular land artist gave himself a tough challenge by commemorating his 500th picture with a sand drawing on the beach at Brean.
Simon Beck, aged 56, is best-known for his stunning geometric snow and sand designs.
For his 500th piece, he created a Sierpinski pyramid on the popular beach.
Simon said: “From the top of the down it looks better than I anticipated.
“I anticipated a lot of the public would walk over it. As you see, there are lots of footprints on it, but that has not done as much damage to the overall effect as I thought it would. Well, we live and learn.”
You may also want to watch:
Simon returned to the beach on Sunday to create a second star-shaped design.
The artist was commissioned by a campaign group earlier this month to create pictures of characters from popular TV show Sanditon to appeal for a second series.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 3 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 4 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 5 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 6 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 7 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 Rotary club plants thousands of flowers for charity
- 10 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess