Cancer support group still supporting members during coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
A Worle-based cancer support group has been continuing through coronavirus with phone calls to support its members.
FUCHSIA meets in the Nightjar pub, in Redwing Drive, and supports dozens of people with teas and coffees, support and encouragement.
The charity is still available to support people during these times, even when face-to-face meetings are not possible.
Julie Crowther, who helps run the group, said: “It’s a real shame we have had to temporarily suspend our coffee mornings but it’s important to me that I keep in contact with all my FUCHSIA members.
“We can’t wait to all be reunited hopefully in the near future so we can celebrate our 10-year anniversary and continue with our fantastic, relaxed cancer support group.”
You may also want to watch:
To receive support, contact Julie on 07896 699627 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 4 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 5 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 6 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Mayor quizzed by Weston's youngest reporters