Cancer support group still supporting members during coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
A Worle-based cancer support group has been continuing through coronavirus with phone calls to support its members.
FUCHSIA meets in the Nightjar pub, in Redwing Drive, and supports dozens of people with teas and coffees, support and encouragement.
The charity is still available to support people during these times, even when face-to-face meetings are not possible.
Julie Crowther, who helps run the group, said: “It’s a real shame we have had to temporarily suspend our coffee mornings but it’s important to me that I keep in contact with all my FUCHSIA members.
“We can’t wait to all be reunited hopefully in the near future so we can celebrate our 10-year anniversary and continue with our fantastic, relaxed cancer support group.”
You may also want to watch:
To receive support, contact Julie on 07896 699627 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 7 Inadequate care home responds
- 8 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Mum pays tribute to 'most caring and loving son'