Cancer support group still supporting members during coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
A Worle-based cancer support group has been continuing through coronavirus with phone calls to support its members.
FUCHSIA meets in the Nightjar pub, in Redwing Drive, and supports dozens of people with teas and coffees, support and encouragement.
The charity is still available to support people during these times, even when face-to-face meetings are not possible.
Julie Crowther, who helps run the group, said: “It’s a real shame we have had to temporarily suspend our coffee mornings but it’s important to me that I keep in contact with all my FUCHSIA members.
“We can’t wait to all be reunited hopefully in the near future so we can celebrate our 10-year anniversary and continue with our fantastic, relaxed cancer support group.”
You may also want to watch:
To receive support, contact Julie on 07896 699627 or email at email@example.com
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences