Student shaves head to raise money for Weston Hospicecare
- Credit: Archant
A ‘brave’ student £155 for Weston Hospicecare by shaving off his hair.
Worle Community School is part of the Priory Learning Trust which chose Weston Hospicecare as its charity for the year and head boy Toby Lythgoe braved the shave for the cause.
Principal Jacqui Scott said: “WCSA is proud to be support our hospice in its charity fundraising this year as it is such a worthy cause.
“Every year our students come up with inventive ways to raise money for school charity of the year.
“Toby was brave to shave his head, particularly during the winter months.”
You may also want to watch:
Hospice events manager Simon Angear said: “We are all very grateful to Toby for his fundraising efforts and to the Priory Learning Trust for recognising the hospice as their charity of the year.
“The hospice relies on the support from the community it serves in order to support the free expert care it offers to those with life-limiting conditions.”
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 9 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards