Student shaves head to raise money for Weston Hospicecare
- Credit: Archant
A ‘brave’ student £155 for Weston Hospicecare by shaving off his hair.
Worle Community School is part of the Priory Learning Trust which chose Weston Hospicecare as its charity for the year and head boy Toby Lythgoe braved the shave for the cause.
Principal Jacqui Scott said: “WCSA is proud to be support our hospice in its charity fundraising this year as it is such a worthy cause.
“Every year our students come up with inventive ways to raise money for school charity of the year.
“Toby was brave to shave his head, particularly during the winter months.”
You may also want to watch:
Hospice events manager Simon Angear said: “We are all very grateful to Toby for his fundraising efforts and to the Priory Learning Trust for recognising the hospice as their charity of the year.
“The hospice relies on the support from the community it serves in order to support the free expert care it offers to those with life-limiting conditions.”
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 8 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism