Worle dancer to compete in America
- Credit: Archant
A hip hop dancer from Worle has been selected to be part of England’s first competing junior team.
Jess Febry, aged 15, will travel to Disneyland Florida, in America, over Easter for the International Cheer Union World Championships.
It is the first time England have sent a junior hip hop team to compete at the tournament and Jess was picked after tough auditions to represent her country alongside 16 others and was also named as joint captain.
Jess is trained by her older sister Bella, aged 18, who began her own dance school last year called BellaTrix Dance Company which trains at @Worle in New Bristol Road.
BellaTrix has four teams and Jess dances in the junior and senior sides, while she is also a junior coach.
You may also want to watch:
Proud mum Hannah said: “Having an activity like dance can really help and support children and teenagers through difficult times and improve their health.”
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 New principal appointed at academy
- 5 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 10 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'