IN PICTURES: High Street floods in heavy rain storm
- Credit: Timmay Curtis
A busy high street was closed off in places after last night’s (Friday’s) storm.
Worle High Street came to a stand-still when a downpour of rain saw the streets flooded.
Businesses had to bail water out of their entrance ways as some drivers were forced to abandon their cars.
Andy Hyatt, from Broski's Vape Store, videoed the scene as water gushed through the streets after the drains could no longer cope.
Fire and police services were on the scene to help and the road cleared within a few hours.
You may also want to watch:
MetOffice gave Weston-super-Mare and the surrounding area and yellow weather warning and said it would be hit by heavy rain from 2pm yesterday through to 11pm.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 6 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Former pupils become teachers