IN PICTURES: High Street floods in heavy rain storm
- Credit: Timmay Curtis
A busy high street was closed off in places after last night’s (Friday’s) storm.
Worle High Street came to a stand-still when a downpour of rain saw the streets flooded.
Businesses had to bail water out of their entrance ways as some drivers were forced to abandon their cars.
Andy Hyatt, from Broski's Vape Store, videoed the scene as water gushed through the streets after the drains could no longer cope.
Fire and police services were on the scene to help and the road cleared within a few hours.
You may also want to watch:
MetOffice gave Weston-super-Mare and the surrounding area and yellow weather warning and said it would be hit by heavy rain from 2pm yesterday through to 11pm.
- 1 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 4 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset