IN PICTURES: High Street floods in heavy rain storm
- Credit: Timmay Curtis
A busy high street was closed off in places after last night’s (Friday’s) storm.
Worle High Street came to a stand-still when a downpour of rain saw the streets flooded.
Businesses had to bail water out of their entrance ways as some drivers were forced to abandon their cars.
Andy Hyatt, from Broski's Vape Store, videoed the scene as water gushed through the streets after the drains could no longer cope.
Fire and police services were on the scene to help and the road cleared within a few hours.
MetOffice gave Weston-super-Mare and the surrounding area and yellow weather warning and said it would be hit by heavy rain from 2pm yesterday through to 11pm.
- 1 'We want it back' - calls grow for return of Weston's miniature railway
- 2 Developer reveals plans for 58 new homes on brownfield site
- 3 £100,000 supercar clocked at 142mph on M5 in Somerset
- 4 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 5 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 6 Plan for Weston bar scuppered as licence refused
- 7 How romance fraud lost a Weston man his £150,000 life savings
- 8 Temperatures in Somerset drop to -6C - but what about the weekend?
- 9 Weston and Burnham schools could feature in new academies trust
- 10 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe