IN PICTURES: High Street floods in heavy rain storm
- Credit: Timmay Curtis
A busy high street was closed off in places after last night’s (Friday’s) storm.
Worle High Street came to a stand-still when a downpour of rain saw the streets flooded.
Businesses had to bail water out of their entrance ways as some drivers were forced to abandon their cars.
Andy Hyatt, from Broski's Vape Store, videoed the scene as water gushed through the streets after the drains could no longer cope.
Fire and police services were on the scene to help and the road cleared within a few hours.
You may also want to watch:
MetOffice gave Weston-super-Mare and the surrounding area and yellow weather warning and said it would be hit by heavy rain from 2pm yesterday through to 11pm.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 3 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Weston gymnasts impress on Great Britain duty at European Championships
- 8 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 9 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 10 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice