WIN: Tickets to see Guys And Dolls at Weston-super-Mare’s Playhouse
- Credit: Ben Hurst
Guests to one of Weston’s leading theatres will be taken to the New York streets in a drama company’s new show.
After several months of rehearsing and fine tuning their accents, the Worle Operatic and Dramatic Society (WODS) is ready to stage Guys And Dolls.
The story follows some of New York's local gangsters who have a love of gambling despite it being illegal.
Nathan Detroit is down on his luck as it is becoming harder and harder for him to find venues to play his infamous Craps Game.
He is engaged to local show girl Adelaide, who is desperate to tie the knot, but does not have the money to pay for the wedding.
You may also want to watch:
Enter Sky Materson makes a deal with Detroit he cannot woo the gambler's sister, a missionary worker who is hoping to 'clean up the streets of New York' of gangsters and gamblers.
Director Blair Ruddick said: "Every song in this show is a hit, event if you are unfamiliar with the story you will sit there in your seat, tapping your feet."
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 'Bright future' for Weston high street
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
Under the watchful eye of WODS musical director Kevin Joint, the cast will cover classics like Guys And Dolls, I've Never Been In Love Before, If I Were A Bell and the two show-stoppers Sit Down, You're Rockin' The Boat and Luck Be A Lady.
Guys And Dolls will be at The Playhouse, in High Street, from July 4-6 at 7.30pm.
There will be a matinee performance at 2.30pm on July 6 as well.
Tickets, priced £16.50-18, are available at 01934 645544 or at www.westonmercury.co.uk
The Mercury has once again teamed up with the drama society to offer two lucky readers a pair of tickets to show on July 4, starting at 7.30pm.
This competition closes at 10am on June 27.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor's decision is final.
By entering this competition you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant and the drama company.