Worle opticians wins award
- Credit: Bowen Opticians
A Worle opticians has won an award.
Bowen Opticians in High Street won the optical assistant team of the year at the national Optician Awards.
The awards are usually held in April in Birmingham but were postponed due to coronavirus and eventually held online in November.
Staff members gathered to watch them socially distanced in the practice.
The opticians adapted during the pandemic by redesigning the practice layout to provide separate areas, socially distanced seating, plenty of screens and a one-way system.
Company director, Fiona Bromfield, said: “Winning an optician award has been a goal of ours for so long, to be shortlisted is a fabulous achievement but to win one has made 2020 into a year we will never forget, for all the right reasons.
“We are a passionate and hardworking team, and to be recognised on such a well-known and illustrious platform is the ultimate validation.”
- 1 Garden waste charges for North Somerset households
- 2 No deaths from coronavirus in one area of North Somerset
- 3 Deputy mayor of Weston's big shave for charity
- 4 Local mortgage broker launches in North Somerset
- 5 Illegal tobacco products lead to suspended sentence
- 6 Fears over Covid outbreaks as care homes prepare to open for visitors
- 7 Care assistants win award
- 8 Council's Clevedon offices could be redeveloped
- 9 Head shave for the NHS
- 10 Disaster response team supporting Weston school with Covid tests