Worle opticians wins award
- Credit: Bowen Opticians
A Worle opticians has won an award.
Bowen Opticians in High Street won the optical assistant team of the year at the national Optician Awards.
The awards are usually held in April in Birmingham but were postponed due to coronavirus and eventually held online in November.
Staff members gathered to watch them socially distanced in the practice.
The opticians adapted during the pandemic by redesigning the practice layout to provide separate areas, socially distanced seating, plenty of screens and a one-way system.
Company director, Fiona Bromfield, said: “Winning an optician award has been a goal of ours for so long, to be shortlisted is a fabulous achievement but to win one has made 2020 into a year we will never forget, for all the right reasons.
“We are a passionate and hardworking team, and to be recognised on such a well-known and illustrious platform is the ultimate validation.”
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 3 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 4 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 5 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 6 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 7 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
- 8 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab