Two shops opening for first time next week
- Credit: Henry Woodsford
Two shops will open their doors to customers next week.
Aldi and Home Bargains, in Worle's Queensway District Centre, will open on September 16 and 18 respectively.
They are the final stores to open at the shopping area after The Food Warehouse opened in July.
PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district.
Aldi will be run by store manager Simon Cloke, along with a team of 27 colleagues.
As part of Aldi’s investment in local communities across the UK, the new store will offer more customers access to Aldi’s products.
To celebrate the store opening, Simon Cloke and his team will be joined by Olympic gold medallist Matt Langridge to cut the all-important ribbon on opening morning.
Mr Cloke said: “We can’t wait to open the doors to the new store in Worle. It’s set to be a special day as we’ll be celebrating the opening of Aldi’s first store in the area and having Olympic hero, Matt Langridge, join us will make it a morning to remember.”
- 1 NINE vehicles damaged by fire in apparent arson spree in Weston
- 2 Cameras to enforce bus lanes rules in Weston from next week
- 3 Police hunt suspected arsonist after rampage in Weston
- 4 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 5 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 6 Weston furniture shop shortlisted for national award
- 7 McDonald's hopes to open restaurant at business park near M5
- 8 Plan for 115 new homes in village rejected
- 9 Westonians honoured in prestigious mayor awards evening
- 10 Volunteers needed to welcome Ukrainian refugees
Matt Langridge added: “I’m so excited to be opening Aldi’s new store, it will be great to chat to customers and a lovely way for me to thank Aldi for its support of Team GB.”
The new store is calling on local charities and food banks in Worle to register with Neighbourly, a community engagement platform that links businesses to charitable organisations in the local community.
Aldi is also looking to open three more stores in the area and is looking for sites in Weston, Cheddar and Nailsea.