New sponsor for Worle Rangers FC
- Credit: Archant
A Worle football team has a new sponsor for the season.
Worle Rangers FC will be sponsored by Neil’s Data Consultancy during the 2020/21 season.
The club were formed in 2009 by a small group of friends so they and some keen youngsters could enjoy their football again.
In their 11 seasons the club have had a reserve side for eight of them and have started up a veterans team too.
Between the two Saturday sides the club has achieved seven promotions, two of which as divisional champions, and three cup finals, winning one.
You may also want to watch:
A club spokesman said: “We have had some recent seasons of consolidation, but the stability these have given us are key as we’ve maintained two competitive teams and now have a keen and loyal playing squad backed by passionate and steadfast managers.
“For our 12th season 2020-21 we have the first team in division two of the Weston and District League and the reserves in division four, the veterans will be going into season two of the Somerset Legends League.
- 1 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 2 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 5 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 6 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 9 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
“The club are now planning to get the first team in to the Somerset County League, we have lots of work to do but it’s already underway and the first team manager is hopeful that within five years he will achieve this.”
Neil’s Data Consultancy offers an end-to-end compliance service delivering bookkeeping to VAT, payroll to the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) and annual accounts to personal and business taxes. This is all delivered via cloud-based accounting software that gives real-time information to proactively manage a business and make the best decisions at the most impactful of times.
Specialising in mergers and acquisitions, consolidator businesses and start-ups, its range of industries serviced is significant.
Founder and chief executive, Neil Criddle, said: “I started the business in January after being made redundant and have weathered the storm of lockdown by acquiring 65 clients and a six-figure turnover.
“I’m passionate about my local community and have sponsored my hometown football team as one part of my further investment plans to support Weston in the future.”