Road sealed off and bomb disposal called after reports of loud bangs
- Credit: Archant
Explosive experts cordoned off a road in Worle after a number of people reported hearing loud bangs in the area early this morning (Tuesday)
The Army's Explosive Ordinance Disposal (EOD) experts put a 100m cordon in place around the Bristol Road roundabout near to the Summerhouse pub as a precaution.
It follows an incident at about 4.20am when members of the public reported hearing loud bangs.
Two men in their early 20s have been arrested in connection with the incident, and no one has been harmed.
A lane in Appletree Court remains closed and a nearby address is being searched by police.
You may also want to watch:
Police are not treating this as a counter terrorism incident.
EOD experts attended the scene and have said there is no on-going risk to the public.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 3 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 4 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 5 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 6 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 7 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 8 New principal appointed at academy
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision
A police spokesman said: "We are keeping an open mind as we piece together what has happened.
"We understand that this will cause a lot of inconvenience for people in the area but public safety is our primary concern and we thank everybody for their patience."
*This story has been updated, click here for the latest update.