Road sealed off and bomb disposal called after reports of loud bangs
- Credit: Archant
Explosive experts cordoned off a road in Worle after a number of people reported hearing loud bangs in the area early this morning (Tuesday)
The Army's Explosive Ordinance Disposal (EOD) experts put a 100m cordon in place around the Bristol Road roundabout near to the Summerhouse pub as a precaution.
It follows an incident at about 4.20am when members of the public reported hearing loud bangs.
Two men in their early 20s have been arrested in connection with the incident, and no one has been harmed.
A lane in Appletree Court remains closed and a nearby address is being searched by police.
Police are not treating this as a counter terrorism incident.
EOD experts attended the scene and have said there is no on-going risk to the public.
- 1 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 2 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 3 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 4 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 5 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 6 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 7 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 8 Court rules that Baytree School expansion can go ahead
- 9 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 10 Man SPAT at shop staff in row over face mask
A police spokesman said: "We are keeping an open mind as we piece together what has happened.
"We understand that this will cause a lot of inconvenience for people in the area but public safety is our primary concern and we thank everybody for their patience."
*This story has been updated, click here for the latest update.