Road sealed off and bomb disposal called after reports of loud bangs
- Credit: Archant
Explosive experts cordoned off a road in Worle after a number of people reported hearing loud bangs in the area early this morning (Tuesday)
The Army's Explosive Ordinance Disposal (EOD) experts put a 100m cordon in place around the Bristol Road roundabout near to the Summerhouse pub as a precaution.
It follows an incident at about 4.20am when members of the public reported hearing loud bangs.
Two men in their early 20s have been arrested in connection with the incident, and no one has been harmed.
A lane in Appletree Court remains closed and a nearby address is being searched by police.
Police are not treating this as a counter terrorism incident.
EOD experts attended the scene and have said there is no on-going risk to the public.
- 1 Man jailed for savage attack on three women at Weston pub
- 2 Person dies after incident at Weston's Marine Lake
- 3 World-renowned cider maker to host family open day next month
- 4 Councillors hit back at proposed bus cuts in North Somerset
- 5 No dentist in North Somerset is accepting new NHS patients, study shows
- 6 Help reunite owner of lost photo found in charity shop purse
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 'Extreme heat' warning issued for Somerset
- 9 Help prevent fires in hot weather, brigade urges
- 10 Carers reach finals in top awards
A police spokesman said: "We are keeping an open mind as we piece together what has happened.
"We understand that this will cause a lot of inconvenience for people in the area but public safety is our primary concern and we thank everybody for their patience."
*This story has been updated, click here for the latest update.