Road sealed off and bomb disposal called after reports of loud bangs
- Credit: Archant
Explosive experts cordoned off a road in Worle after a number of people reported hearing loud bangs in the area early this morning (Tuesday)
The Army's Explosive Ordinance Disposal (EOD) experts put a 100m cordon in place around the Bristol Road roundabout near to the Summerhouse pub as a precaution.
It follows an incident at about 4.20am when members of the public reported hearing loud bangs.
Two men in their early 20s have been arrested in connection with the incident, and no one has been harmed.
A lane in Appletree Court remains closed and a nearby address is being searched by police.
You may also want to watch:
Police are not treating this as a counter terrorism incident.
EOD experts attended the scene and have said there is no on-going risk to the public.
- 1 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 4 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 5 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 6 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 7 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Summer by the Sea: 'North Somerset is the place to be'
- 10 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again
A police spokesman said: "We are keeping an open mind as we piece together what has happened.
"We understand that this will cause a lot of inconvenience for people in the area but public safety is our primary concern and we thank everybody for their patience."
*This story has been updated, click here for the latest update.