Information day for older peopleto be held in Worle
- Credit: Archant
Elderly people will be able to find out more information on support services available to them next month.
Home Instead will host an older person's information day at Hope Church, in Worle High Street, on July 11 from 10am-1pm.
Around 20 companies, support providers and charities will exhibit what services they can offer to older people across the area to help them to stay happy, healthy and live in their own homes, safely and independently, for as long as possible.
A Home Instead spokesman said: "This event can enable people to arrange assistive aids and services before they get to a point of desperation when they find suddenly they can't manage and have no one to call for help.
"Our goal with this event is to make people aware and informed of what is available to them, and to help them put arrangements in place for the near future so they can remain living in their own homes for as long as possible."
You may also want to watch:
This event will be free for people to attend.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 3 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree