Information day for older peopleto be held in Worle
- Credit: Archant
Elderly people will be able to find out more information on support services available to them next month.
Home Instead will host an older person's information day at Hope Church, in Worle High Street, on July 11 from 10am-1pm.
Around 20 companies, support providers and charities will exhibit what services they can offer to older people across the area to help them to stay happy, healthy and live in their own homes, safely and independently, for as long as possible.
A Home Instead spokesman said: "This event can enable people to arrange assistive aids and services before they get to a point of desperation when they find suddenly they can't manage and have no one to call for help.
"Our goal with this event is to make people aware and informed of what is available to them, and to help them put arrangements in place for the near future so they can remain living in their own homes for as long as possible."
You may also want to watch:
This event will be free for people to attend.
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 6 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare