Busy bridge to undergo five-week refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
A busy commuter road near junction 21 of the M5 will be partly closed due to roadworks for five weeks.
Maintenance work on Summer Lane Bridge in Worle started yesterday (Wednesday) and will run until October 17.
Network Rail's refurbishment programme involves grit blasting, which can be very noisy, before metal repair work and repainting.
Pedestrian and cycle access will be maintained at all times but vehicles will be under traffic management.
North Somerset Council says traffic will be reduced to a single lane with a tidal one-way system in place.
You may also want to watch:
In the morning rush hour, vehicles will be directed southbound towards West Wick roundabout, while in the evening vehicles will be directed northbound from West Wick roundabout.
Appropriate traffic signs will be displayed when the measures are in force.
To see alternative travel routes, click here.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 6 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple