Busy bridge to undergo five-week refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
A busy commuter road near junction 21 of the M5 will be partly closed due to roadworks for five weeks.
Maintenance work on Summer Lane Bridge in Worle started yesterday (Wednesday) and will run until October 17.
Network Rail's refurbishment programme involves grit blasting, which can be very noisy, before metal repair work and repainting.
Pedestrian and cycle access will be maintained at all times but vehicles will be under traffic management.
North Somerset Council says traffic will be reduced to a single lane with a tidal one-way system in place.
You may also want to watch:
In the morning rush hour, vehicles will be directed southbound towards West Wick roundabout, while in the evening vehicles will be directed northbound from West Wick roundabout.
Appropriate traffic signs will be displayed when the measures are in force.
To see alternative travel routes, click here.
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 3 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 4 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 5 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 6 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 7 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 8 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare