Dementia centre opens in Worle
- Credit: Archant
A dementia day care centre has launched in Worle.
The Birch Dementia Centre has opened its doors in The Scaurs.
The Birch is a community engagement and activity day care centre for people living with the illness in North Somerset.
Day care provision at the Birch includes a programme aimed at those not ready for a traditional care environment.
Sessions are built around attendees themselves, and through detailed discussions with individuals, provide a direct link with their own hobbies and interests.
You may also want to watch:
With an emphasis on fun, engagement and confidence building, the Birch team’s personal approach is offering an essential lifeline to family members who may not be able to cope with a caring role.
Director Charlotte Coetzee said: “Our open day was really positive and we had plenty of interest. The Mayor and Mayoress of Weston came along and were really supportive and encouraging which was great.”
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 4 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 7 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 10 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases