Dementia centre opens in Worle
- Credit: Archant
A dementia day care centre has launched in Worle.
The Birch Dementia Centre has opened its doors in The Scaurs.
The Birch is a community engagement and activity day care centre for people living with the illness in North Somerset.
Day care provision at the Birch includes a programme aimed at those not ready for a traditional care environment.
Sessions are built around attendees themselves, and through detailed discussions with individuals, provide a direct link with their own hobbies and interests.
You may also want to watch:
With an emphasis on fun, engagement and confidence building, the Birch team’s personal approach is offering an essential lifeline to family members who may not be able to cope with a caring role.
Director Charlotte Coetzee said: “Our open day was really positive and we had plenty of interest. The Mayor and Mayoress of Weston came along and were really supportive and encouraging which was great.”
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 7 Inadequate care home responds
- 8 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Mum pays tribute to 'most caring and loving son'