Dementia centre opens in Worle
- Credit: Archant
A dementia day care centre has launched in Worle.
The Birch Dementia Centre has opened its doors in The Scaurs.
The Birch is a community engagement and activity day care centre for people living with the illness in North Somerset.
Day care provision at the Birch includes a programme aimed at those not ready for a traditional care environment.
Sessions are built around attendees themselves, and through detailed discussions with individuals, provide a direct link with their own hobbies and interests.
You may also want to watch:
With an emphasis on fun, engagement and confidence building, the Birch team’s personal approach is offering an essential lifeline to family members who may not be able to cope with a caring role.
Director Charlotte Coetzee said: “Our open day was really positive and we had plenty of interest. The Mayor and Mayoress of Weston came along and were really supportive and encouraging which was great.”
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 9 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years