Permanent home for boxing club?
- Credit: Archant
A boxing club in Worle is looking to make its temporary home permanent.
Warrior Gym has been running an amateur boxing club and martial arts school in the Coker Road industrial estate since 2013, but its temporary planning consent has lapsed.
The 550sqm unit has two floors and is the home of the Weston Warriors kick boxing academy.
The premises had been untouched from the originally approved use as an industrial unit since November 2011.
A design and access statement said: “There is no shortage of available industrial premises in the wider Weston area.
You may also want to watch:
“Warrior Gym is now well established and if the business has to relocate, this will invariably have an adverse effect on its future viability.”
Weston Town Council has submitted a neutral response on the North Somerset planning portal ahead of the latter making a decision.
- 1 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 4 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 5 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 6 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 7 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Summer by the Sea: 'North Somerset is the place to be'
- 10 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again