Permanent home for boxing club?
- Credit: Archant
A boxing club in Worle is looking to make its temporary home permanent.
Warrior Gym has been running an amateur boxing club and martial arts school in the Coker Road industrial estate since 2013, but its temporary planning consent has lapsed.
The 550sqm unit has two floors and is the home of the Weston Warriors kick boxing academy.
The premises had been untouched from the originally approved use as an industrial unit since November 2011.
A design and access statement said: “There is no shortage of available industrial premises in the wider Weston area.
You may also want to watch:
“Warrior Gym is now well established and if the business has to relocate, this will invariably have an adverse effect on its future viability.”
Weston Town Council has submitted a neutral response on the North Somerset planning portal ahead of the latter making a decision.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 8 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 9 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 10 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows