In pictures: Summer party hosted by @Worle
- Credit: Archant
Sports clubs in Worle were given grants during a summer party on Saturday.
@Worle, in New Bristol Road, organised the event which included live music, food and inflatable activities.
The sports centre gives away a share of its profits each year, and handed out community grants.
In total, £2,500 was handed out between football and rugby teams, a scouts group and gymnastics club.
Weston Gymnastics Club was given £250 towards new wall bars, and the 1st Weston Village Scout Group received £500 to provide camping, sport and leisure equipment for youngsters to use.
You may also want to watch:
West Wick FC also received new training kit.
Harry Nash, @Worle’s sports and facilities trust manager, said: “It went really well, and we had a really good turn-out.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 10 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
“It was a free community event for members and non-members.”
Grants were given to:
Weston Town FC – £500 to start new under-seven and under-16-18 football teams, and buy new training equipment and football kit.
Priory Pumas FC – £500 to provide new kit and training equipment for the under-16s.
1st Weston Village Scout Group – £500 to provide activities for young people aged six to 14, with equipment for camping, cooking, sport and leisure.
Foundations In Football – £500 to help four to seven-year-olds start football.
Weston Gymnastics Club – £250 to contribute towards four sets of new wall bars in the gym.
Weston RFC – £250 to support 16-18-year-olds to prevent them leaving the sport.
West Wick FC – new training kit.