School producing science champions
- Credit: Shane Dean
Worle Community School Academy (WCSA) is producing dozens of Tassomai science champions who are showing exceptional work after completing quizzes and tests.
The champions – who use the online app Tassomai – are selected weekly and then go into a prize draw for their year group, with a £10 Amazon voucher for the overall winner.
Head of science Martin Davis said: “The students have shown real enthusiasm for these competitions with some excellent work in every year of the school.
“The app and competitions are proving very popular. These learning tests and quizzes are also proven to help students build confidence, establish good learning techniques and reduce exam stress.”
The WCSA science team constantly looks for innovative ways to enhance students’ learning experience in and out of school.
Tassomai is an online learning and revision platform that students can complete in school, after school or during distance learning times.
The learning app creates daily goals for students, so they have to answer a certain number of questions in order to hit their targets.
- 1 Garden waste charges for North Somerset households
- 2 No deaths from coronavirus in one area of North Somerset
- 3 Deputy mayor of Weston's big shave for charity
- 4 Local mortgage broker launches in North Somerset
- 5 Illegal tobacco products lead to suspended sentence
- 6 Fears over Covid outbreaks as care homes prepare to open for visitors
- 7 Care assistants win award
- 8 Council's Clevedon offices could be redeveloped
- 9 Head shave for the NHS
- 10 Disaster response team supporting Weston school with Covid tests