PICTURES: Worle students enjoy prom night
- Credit: Mark Atherton
Students gathered at an iconic Weston venue to celebrate the end of their time at school.
Worle Community School Academy year 11 students enjoyed their prom at the Grand Pier last night (Thursday).
More than 100 bikers escorted from Weston Bike Night escorted youngsters to the venue, while limousines and Mustangs were also selected as modes of transport.
Worle School and other schools in the Priory Learning Trust cancelled their proms for a second year running due to coronavirus restrictions in place.
Parents then took it upon themselves to organise the event and find a suitable venue.
In June, parents set up a petition to have the prom on school grounds, which attracted more than 120 signatures but was unsuccessful.
Parent and event organiser, Kayleigh Lambert, said: "What an amazing night we had, the students loved it and most did not leave until midnight.
- 1 Four jailed for total of more than 40 years for raid at drug dealer's home
- 2 Man jailed for stealing high-powered cars
- 3 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 4 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 5 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 New boss Hutt 'couldn't say yes fast enough' to Winscombe post
- 10 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
"We had Harrisen Larner-Main perform for free and karaoke later on.
"The feedback we've had from other parents has been brilliant and the pier were great with us."