Worle students raise thousands of pounds for charity
- Credit: Archant
Students have raised thousands of pounds for charities despite being in lockdown.
Worle Community School Academy (WCSA) raised nearly £3,000 for the Priory Learning Trust charity of the year, In Charley’s Memory.
Youngsters also raised £588 for Sport Relief, £463 for Children In Need, £529 for the Australian Red Cross and £517 for the World Wildlife Fund.
WCSA kicked off the fundraising with year seven students with tutor Tina Burrows, seeing them raise £100.
Tina said: “They are just the best group of students anyone could ever wish for. They are generous, caring and thoughtful.”
You may also want to watch:
Principal Jacqui Scott added: “Our students, parents, carers and community amaze me every year with their giving. Even despite the coronavirus lockdown, they have still managed to raise large amounts of money for fantastic causes both local and right around the world.”
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 7 Inadequate care home responds
- 8 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Mum pays tribute to 'most caring and loving son'