Worle taxi driver’s licence revoked over ‘aggressive and inappropriate’ behaviour
- Credit: Archant
A Worle driver who used ‘aggressive’ behaviour has been stripped of his taxi licence.
Erkan Kutuk, of Saxby Close, has lost his licence after several complaints were received about alleged aggressive and inappropriate behaviour.
North Somerset Council's committee revoked his licence and North Somerset Courthouse upheld the decision at an appeal hearing on April 22.
The council was also awarded costs of £900.
Kutuk was referred to the licensing committee in January and after hearing evidence, councillors decided he was not fit and proper to hold a licence.
You may also want to watch:
Kutuk appealed the decision, resulting in a court case, after which magistrates agreed with the committee's decision and dismissed his appeal.
Sioux Isherwood, the council's principal licensing officer, said: "We will not tolerate any inappropriate or aggressive behaviour from licensed drivers."
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 4 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 5 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 6 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 7 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 8 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 9 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 10 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch