Worle taxi driver’s licence revoked over ‘aggressive and inappropriate’ behaviour
- Credit: Archant
A Worle driver who used ‘aggressive’ behaviour has been stripped of his taxi licence.
Erkan Kutuk, of Saxby Close, has lost his licence after several complaints were received about alleged aggressive and inappropriate behaviour.
North Somerset Council's committee revoked his licence and North Somerset Courthouse upheld the decision at an appeal hearing on April 22.
The council was also awarded costs of £900.
Kutuk was referred to the licensing committee in January and after hearing evidence, councillors decided he was not fit and proper to hold a licence.
You may also want to watch:
Kutuk appealed the decision, resulting in a court case, after which magistrates agreed with the committee's decision and dismissed his appeal.
Sioux Isherwood, the council's principal licensing officer, said: "We will not tolerate any inappropriate or aggressive behaviour from licensed drivers."
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown