Teen’s inspirational story receives Government recognition
- Credit: Archant
A Worle youngster’s inspirational story has received Government recognition.
Makayla Nunn, aged 16, of Priory Community School Academy, has lived with ME since the age of eight.
She learns through robot Daz, who sits in her lessons when she is too ill to attend school.
The Government has filmed a video of Makayla and her robot that was used for the Department for Digital Culture, Media and Sport and also on International Youth Day.
Now in her final school year, Makayla plans to study animal management at Weston College from next September, starting a career working with dogs or horses.
You may also want to watch:
She has also won awards for her dog training and achieved the kennel club good citizen bronze, silver and gold awards.
Priory principal Angelos Markoutsas said: "She will have a brilliant career with animals and has shown huge determination."
- 1 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 4 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 5 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 6 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 7 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Summer by the Sea: 'North Somerset is the place to be'
- 10 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again