Community sports centre undergoing £400k expansion
- Credit: Archant
A Worle exercise hub plans to double in size in a £400,000 expansion.
@Worle, in New Bristol Road, is planning to construct a second gym and to extend its café area.
Management at the exercise hub expect to have the new facilities open for business by early August.
There will be temporary changes in place while the works go ahead, including a different entrance, the closing off of parking bays and the removal of a fence panel.
Assistant manager Candace Riley said: “We hope there shouldn’t be any disruption to the services we offer in the coming months.
You may also want to watch:
“But there will be a point where we need to close the café and gym to connect the extension to the building and refit with new equipment.
“This is scheduled to take no longer than two weeks, but we will know closer to the time.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 4 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 9 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 10 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
“The timing of this is purely weather-dependant.”
An open evening – where the centre manager and trustees will answer questions about the works – will take place in due course, according to management.