Community sports centre undergoing £400k expansion
- Credit: Archant
A Worle exercise hub plans to double in size in a £400,000 expansion.
@Worle, in New Bristol Road, is planning to construct a second gym and to extend its café area.
Management at the exercise hub expect to have the new facilities open for business by early August.
There will be temporary changes in place while the works go ahead, including a different entrance, the closing off of parking bays and the removal of a fence panel.
Assistant manager Candace Riley said: “We hope there shouldn’t be any disruption to the services we offer in the coming months.
“But there will be a point where we need to close the café and gym to connect the extension to the building and refit with new equipment.
“This is scheduled to take no longer than two weeks, but we will know closer to the time.
- 1 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 2 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 3 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 4 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 5 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 6 John Crockford-Hawley column: A Bridge Too Far?
- 7 PICTURES: Activists march to end violence against women
- 8 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 9 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity
- 10 Weston MP tells Boris Johnson UK childcare is among 'most unaffordable'
“The timing of this is purely weather-dependant.”
An open evening – where the centre manager and trustees will answer questions about the works – will take place in due course, according to management.