Community sports centre undergoing £400k expansion
- Credit: Archant
A Worle exercise hub plans to double in size in a £400,000 expansion.
@Worle, in New Bristol Road, is planning to construct a second gym and to extend its café area.
Management at the exercise hub expect to have the new facilities open for business by early August.
There will be temporary changes in place while the works go ahead, including a different entrance, the closing off of parking bays and the removal of a fence panel.
Assistant manager Candace Riley said: “We hope there shouldn’t be any disruption to the services we offer in the coming months.
“But there will be a point where we need to close the café and gym to connect the extension to the building and refit with new equipment.
“This is scheduled to take no longer than two weeks, but we will know closer to the time.
- 1 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 2 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 3 Weston College to launch new adult courses for free
- 4 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 5 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 6 Dual-site primary school rated good by inspectors
- 7 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 8 Century-old family business opens new storage facility in Worle
- 9 Budding Worle sporting stars honoured at Oscar-style award ceremony
- 10 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
“The timing of this is purely weather-dependant.”
An open evening – where the centre manager and trustees will answer questions about the works – will take place in due course, according to management.