Community sports centre undergoing £400k expansion
- Credit: Archant
A Worle exercise hub plans to double in size in a £400,000 expansion.
@Worle, in New Bristol Road, is planning to construct a second gym and to extend its café area.
Management at the exercise hub expect to have the new facilities open for business by early August.
There will be temporary changes in place while the works go ahead, including a different entrance, the closing off of parking bays and the removal of a fence panel.
Assistant manager Candace Riley said: “We hope there shouldn’t be any disruption to the services we offer in the coming months.
You may also want to watch:
“But there will be a point where we need to close the café and gym to connect the extension to the building and refit with new equipment.
“This is scheduled to take no longer than two weeks, but we will know closer to the time.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 9 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
“The timing of this is purely weather-dependant.”
An open evening – where the centre manager and trustees will answer questions about the works – will take place in due course, according to management.