Worlebury golfer to captain PGA team
- Credit: Archant
A professional golfer from Worlebury has been named captain of the region’s Professional Golf Association (PGA) team.
Roy Baker has been appointed captain of the Gloucester and Somerset PGA for 2020.
Roy is Worlebury Golf Club's head professional and, for the past 10 years, has worked throughout the county, providing a range of services in coaching, repairs, custom fittings and retail.
Before he joined Worlebury, he worked at the Isle of Wedmore Golf Club and Brean Golf Club.
Roy said: "We are always wanting to encourage our top amateur golfers to play in our events and give them a great opportunity to play with PGA professionals who have been there and done it at huge events like the British Open.
You may also want to watch:
"The association is a group of PGA professionals and top amateur golfers based in the two counties. We compete regularly once a week during the weekday and in the winter months."
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 New principal appointed at academy
- 5 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 10 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'