Worlebury golfer to captain PGA team
- Credit: Archant
A professional golfer from Worlebury has been named captain of the region’s Professional Golf Association (PGA) team.
Roy Baker has been appointed captain of the Gloucester and Somerset PGA for 2020.
Roy is Worlebury Golf Club's head professional and, for the past 10 years, has worked throughout the county, providing a range of services in coaching, repairs, custom fittings and retail.
Before he joined Worlebury, he worked at the Isle of Wedmore Golf Club and Brean Golf Club.
Roy said: "We are always wanting to encourage our top amateur golfers to play in our events and give them a great opportunity to play with PGA professionals who have been there and done it at huge events like the British Open.
You may also want to watch:
"The association is a group of PGA professionals and top amateur golfers based in the two counties. We compete regularly once a week during the weekday and in the winter months."
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 School to host outdoor open day
- 10 North Somerset startup to supply face masks for Team GB skaters