Worlebury youngster becomes a world champion
- Credit: Archant
A young Elvis Presley tribute artist has become a world champion.
Emilio Santoro, of Worlebury, has returned from Memphis, in America, where he had been performing and competing at the Images Of The King World Championships in the non-pro division.
Despite stiff competition from performers from all over the world, Emilio was crowned world champion and Europe's youngest ever winner.
Emilio, aged 16, also sang an off-the-cuff number in RCA Studio B in Nashville where Presley recorded more than 200 songs.
Emilio, who attended Worle Community School, celebrated with a homecoming show where he performed some of the king's iconic tunes with a full band at Weston Football Club.
You may also want to watch:
He has also performed at NovaFest and was featured on BBC Points West last year singing Blue Christmas.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 6 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple