Worlebury youngster becomes a world champion
- Credit: Archant
A young Elvis Presley tribute artist has become a world champion.
Emilio Santoro, of Worlebury, has returned from Memphis, in America, where he had been performing and competing at the Images Of The King World Championships in the non-pro division.
Despite stiff competition from performers from all over the world, Emilio was crowned world champion and Europe's youngest ever winner.
Emilio, aged 16, also sang an off-the-cuff number in RCA Studio B in Nashville where Presley recorded more than 200 songs.
Emilio, who attended Worle Community School, celebrated with a homecoming show where he performed some of the king's iconic tunes with a full band at Weston Football Club.
You may also want to watch:
He has also performed at NovaFest and was featured on BBC Points West last year singing Blue Christmas.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network
- 10 Covid warning issued in North Somerset