Worlebury youngster becomes a world champion
- Credit: Archant
A young Elvis Presley tribute artist has become a world champion.
Emilio Santoro, of Worlebury, has returned from Memphis, in America, where he had been performing and competing at the Images Of The King World Championships in the non-pro division.
Despite stiff competition from performers from all over the world, Emilio was crowned world champion and Europe's youngest ever winner.
Emilio, aged 16, also sang an off-the-cuff number in RCA Studio B in Nashville where Presley recorded more than 200 songs.
Emilio, who attended Worle Community School, celebrated with a homecoming show where he performed some of the king's iconic tunes with a full band at Weston Football Club.
You may also want to watch:
He has also performed at NovaFest and was featured on BBC Points West last year singing Blue Christmas.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 3 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 4 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 5 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 6 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 7 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 10 Rotary club plants thousands of flowers for charity