Primary school welcomes new principal
- Credit: Shane Dean
A Worle primary school has welcomed a new principal.
Lindsay Evans is the new principal at Castle Batch Primary School Academy.
Devon-born Lindsay has led schools across the country and for the past few years has been a headteacher in North Yorkshire.
Lindsay said: “I am so delighted to be principal at what I have already seen is a caring, inclusive academy.
"The children and staff have been so welcoming already.”
Castle Batch has a new library, a creative curriculum and a Jill Dando News Centre to train up young reporters.
Lisa Dadds, head of primary education at The Priory Learning Trust, said: “Lindsay is a superb appointment and will fit in extremely well.
- 1 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 2 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 3 Travellers set up camp on Weston seafront
- 4 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 5 Tropicana announces trio of lockdown-busting summer club nights
- 6 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 7 Top chefs and live-fire stage set for Valley Fest
- 8 May 17: What can't open when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 9 Lockdown easing: Clip 'N Climb 'counting down the days' to reopening
- 10 Conservative named as Avon and Somerset police and crime commissioner
"These are very exciting times for the children, staff, families and community.”
Neville Coles, the trust's chief executive, added: “We give a big welcome to Lindsay and thank acting principal Sally Taylor for all her brilliant work over the past year.”