Popular beer festival returns next month
- Credit: Neil Phillips at www.neilphillip
Wrington’s second beer festival will return to the village in a month’s time.
Organisers of the festival, Simon Gait and James Beyer, threw the launch event last year, which proved to be a roaring success.
Bands including Hedgepickers, AKA Tom and Jo from the The RedHillBillies, will perform at the event, as well as the High and Dry shanty group.
The event supports a number of charities, including the 1st Burrington and Wrington Scouts, the village table tennis and lunch club, as well as the kids' football team.
Wrington Beer Festival raised £4,700 for the village scouts group last year, which was used to carry out 'urgent repairs' to the roof at its base, as well as contributing towards a new minibus fund.
You may also want to watch:
The festival returns at the memorial hall, in Silver Street, on March 6 from 7-11pm and March 7 from 12-4pm and from 7-11pm .
To sponsor the event, visit www.wringtonbeerfestival.org
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Inadequate care home responds
- 4 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 9 Special school expansion progress
- 10 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone