Popular beer festival returns next month
- Credit: Neil Phillips at www.neilphillip
Wrington’s second beer festival will return to the village in a month’s time.
Organisers of the festival, Simon Gait and James Beyer, threw the launch event last year, which proved to be a roaring success.
Bands including Hedgepickers, AKA Tom and Jo from the The RedHillBillies, will perform at the event, as well as the High and Dry shanty group.
The event supports a number of charities, including the 1st Burrington and Wrington Scouts, the village table tennis and lunch club, as well as the kids' football team.
Wrington Beer Festival raised £4,700 for the village scouts group last year, which was used to carry out 'urgent repairs' to the roof at its base, as well as contributing towards a new minibus fund.
You may also want to watch:
The festival returns at the memorial hall, in Silver Street, on March 6 from 7-11pm and March 7 from 12-4pm and from 7-11pm .
To sponsor the event, visit www.wringtonbeerfestival.org
- 1 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 4 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 5 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 6 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 7 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend