Pub hosts Dickensian fair in village
- Credit: Archant
Families celebrated Christmas at a festive market this month.
Villagers flocked to a Dickensian-themed fair to stock-up on presents to give to their loved ones over the holidays at the Plough Inn in Wrington.
Children were entertained by puppet shows while adults could browse through stallholders' trinkets at the event on December 6.
Wooden reindeer, wreaths made out of wine bottle corks and table decorations were on sale, as well as colourful paintings.
People could also buy mulled wine and cider and be entertained by the Congresbury Brass band, which put visitors in the festive mood.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the fair said: "After days of cold and wet weather, it was a relief to have an almost perfect evening for this year's fair."
People praised the event on social media and said they had a 'fantastic evening' and thanked those who 'made it so special'.
- 1 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 4 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 5 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 6 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 7 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Summer by the Sea: 'North Somerset is the place to be'
- 10 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again