Pub hosts Dickensian fair in village
- Credit: Archant
Families celebrated Christmas at a festive market this month.
Villagers flocked to a Dickensian-themed fair to stock-up on presents to give to their loved ones over the holidays at the Plough Inn in Wrington.
Children were entertained by puppet shows while adults could browse through stallholders' trinkets at the event on December 6.
Wooden reindeer, wreaths made out of wine bottle corks and table decorations were on sale, as well as colourful paintings.
People could also buy mulled wine and cider and be entertained by the Congresbury Brass band, which put visitors in the festive mood.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the fair said: "After days of cold and wet weather, it was a relief to have an almost perfect evening for this year's fair."
People praised the event on social media and said they had a 'fantastic evening' and thanked those who 'made it so special'.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 8 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 9 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 10 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows