Pub hosts Dickensian fair in village
- Credit: Archant
Families celebrated Christmas at a festive market this month.
Villagers flocked to a Dickensian-themed fair to stock-up on presents to give to their loved ones over the holidays at the Plough Inn in Wrington.
Children were entertained by puppet shows while adults could browse through stallholders' trinkets at the event on December 6.
Wooden reindeer, wreaths made out of wine bottle corks and table decorations were on sale, as well as colourful paintings.
People could also buy mulled wine and cider and be entertained by the Congresbury Brass band, which put visitors in the festive mood.
A spokesman for the fair said: "After days of cold and wet weather, it was a relief to have an almost perfect evening for this year's fair."
People praised the event on social media and said they had a 'fantastic evening' and thanked those who 'made it so special'.
- 1 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 2 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 3 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 4 Weston MP tells Boris Johnson UK childcare is among 'most unaffordable'
- 5 How Somerset's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 6 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 7 Teachers at school take on Movember challenge
- 8 Weston street comes together to switch-on Christmas lights
- 9 Consultation to rename the Sovereign Centre begins tomorrow
- 10 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks