The Ladykillers! makes debut at village venue
- Credit: Iain Friend
Graham Linehan’s The Ladykillers! will be adapted by a drama group next month.
A black comedy about five unlucky criminals and a sweet, unsuspecting lady will be brought to life by Wrington Drama Club.
The performance is based on the Ealing comedy of the same name and has been rewritten for the stage by Mr Linehan, who is known for his work with popular Channel Four television shows Father Ted and The IT Crowd.
The cast is lead by Julie Plant as Mrs Wilberforce who is 'delighted' to have landed her first main role at the club.
The original 1955 Ladykillers film was directed by Alexander Mackendrick, which features the offenders bank robbery under the pretext they are musicians.
You may also want to watch:
The performances will be held at Wrington's Memorial Hall, in Silver Street, on June 19-22. They will begin at 7.30pm each night.
Tickets, priced £7-12, are available to buy from Amors Stores and Buglers Off Licence.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 North Somerset startup to supply face masks for Team GB skaters
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 Former pupils become teachers