The Ladykillers! makes debut at village venue
- Credit: Iain Friend
Graham Linehan’s The Ladykillers! will be adapted by a drama group next month.
A black comedy about five unlucky criminals and a sweet, unsuspecting lady will be brought to life by Wrington Drama Club.
The performance is based on the Ealing comedy of the same name and has been rewritten for the stage by Mr Linehan, who is known for his work with popular Channel Four television shows Father Ted and The IT Crowd.
The cast is lead by Julie Plant as Mrs Wilberforce who is 'delighted' to have landed her first main role at the club.
The original 1955 Ladykillers film was directed by Alexander Mackendrick, which features the offenders bank robbery under the pretext they are musicians.
You may also want to watch:
The performances will be held at Wrington's Memorial Hall, in Silver Street, on June 19-22. They will begin at 7.30pm each night.
Tickets, priced £7-12, are available to buy from Amors Stores and Buglers Off Licence.
- 1 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 4 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 9 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 10 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?