School kids’ drone performance takes top sport at junior public speaking contest
- Credit: Wrington Vale Rotary Club
Wrington Primary students bagged themselves first place in the 2020 Youth Speaks competition.
Wrington Vale Rotary Club hosted the event, with the North Somerset district well represented.
Each side consisted of a chairperson, speaker and proposer of the vote of thanks, and each spoke on pressing matters, ranging from veganism to the effects of plastic in our oceans.
Individual awards were given to Megan Lake, of Burrington Primary, for best chairperson. Wrington Primary's Ellie Sprouting was named best speaker, and the Vote of Thanks Award was reserved for Winscombe Primary's Alannah Burton.
The event's Blue-ribbon title was handed to Wrington's second group for their hard-hitting and informative performance 'Taking Flight: The Future of Drones'.
You may also want to watch:
Second and third prizes were handed to Churchill and Banwell Primary's first group, respectively.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 4 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 6 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 7 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 10 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again