School kids’ drone performance takes top sport at junior public speaking contest
- Credit: Wrington Vale Rotary Club
Wrington Primary students bagged themselves first place in the 2020 Youth Speaks competition.
Wrington Vale Rotary Club hosted the event, with the North Somerset district well represented.
Each side consisted of a chairperson, speaker and proposer of the vote of thanks, and each spoke on pressing matters, ranging from veganism to the effects of plastic in our oceans.
Individual awards were given to Megan Lake, of Burrington Primary, for best chairperson. Wrington Primary's Ellie Sprouting was named best speaker, and the Vote of Thanks Award was reserved for Winscombe Primary's Alannah Burton.
The event's Blue-ribbon title was handed to Wrington's second group for their hard-hitting and informative performance 'Taking Flight: The Future of Drones'.
You may also want to watch:
Second and third prizes were handed to Churchill and Banwell Primary's first group, respectively.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 3 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 4 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 5 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 6 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 7 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 8 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Rotary club plants thousands of flowers for charity