PICTURES: Spectacular displays at village show
- Credit: Archant
A plethora of impressive homegrown goods were on display at Wrington Show at the weekend.
The popular event saw people flock to the village memorial hall on Saturday afternoon.
Competitors entered show categories to win accolades for best homegrown garden vegetables, flower arrangements and cakes.
The show received a warm welcome after it took a year's hiatus in the village, and impressive displays took centre-stage on the day.
A delighted Mary Murray won the Children's Bakery Cup for her delicious fruit cake and John Lee's prize-winning onions also impressed the show's judges.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the event said: "After missing the annual show last year, it was good to have the opportunity to see products of a range of skills back on display.
"There were some familiar adult names on the prizewinners' certificates, and some first-time younger names, who, hopefully, will return next year."
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 3 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 4 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 5 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 6 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 7 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 Rotary club plants thousands of flowers for charity
- 10 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess