PICTURES: Spectacular displays at village show
- Credit: Archant
A plethora of impressive homegrown goods were on display at Wrington Show at the weekend.
The popular event saw people flock to the village memorial hall on Saturday afternoon.
Competitors entered show categories to win accolades for best homegrown garden vegetables, flower arrangements and cakes.
The show received a warm welcome after it took a year's hiatus in the village, and impressive displays took centre-stage on the day.
A delighted Mary Murray won the Children's Bakery Cup for her delicious fruit cake and John Lee's prize-winning onions also impressed the show's judges.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the event said: "After missing the annual show last year, it was good to have the opportunity to see products of a range of skills back on display.
"There were some familiar adult names on the prizewinners' certificates, and some first-time younger names, who, hopefully, will return next year."
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 4 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 5 Inadequate care home responds
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 8 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 9 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 10 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event