PICTURES: Spectacular displays at village show
- Credit: Archant
A plethora of impressive homegrown goods were on display at Wrington Show at the weekend.
The popular event saw people flock to the village memorial hall on Saturday afternoon.
Competitors entered show categories to win accolades for best homegrown garden vegetables, flower arrangements and cakes.
The show received a warm welcome after it took a year's hiatus in the village, and impressive displays took centre-stage on the day.
A delighted Mary Murray won the Children's Bakery Cup for her delicious fruit cake and John Lee's prize-winning onions also impressed the show's judges.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the event said: "After missing the annual show last year, it was good to have the opportunity to see products of a range of skills back on display.
"There were some familiar adult names on the prizewinners' certificates, and some first-time younger names, who, hopefully, will return next year."
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 3 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 4 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 5 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 8 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 9 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 10 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?