Young musicians shine in annual Rotary contest
- Credit: The Rotary Club of Wrington Vale
The Wrington Vale Rotary Junior Young Musician of the Year awards produced some stunning performances in its latest edition.
In total, 10 acts competed at Churchill Academy on February 6, pitting their artistic flair against one another.
There were representatives from five surrounding primary schools on show, and it was Harry Emler from Saint Andrews Primary who took home the top prize - Best Musician.
Wrington's Molly Blundell came in second spot.
Churchill Senior School's Paul Harrison was the events adjudicator.
You may also want to watch:
Harrison also awarded Harry Elmer with the Overall Winner of the Evening award.
Elsewhere, Emma Gillbanks from Burrington Primary scooped the Best Soloist gong.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 4 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 5 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 8 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 9 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 10 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
Isolde Russe from Churchill narrowly missed out, finishing in second place.