Young musicians shine in annual Rotary contest
- Credit: The Rotary Club of Wrington Vale
The Wrington Vale Rotary Junior Young Musician of the Year awards produced some stunning performances in its latest edition.
In total, 10 acts competed at Churchill Academy on February 6, pitting their artistic flair against one another.
There were representatives from five surrounding primary schools on show, and it was Harry Emler from Saint Andrews Primary who took home the top prize - Best Musician.
Wrington's Molly Blundell came in second spot.
Churchill Senior School's Paul Harrison was the events adjudicator.
You may also want to watch:
Harrison also awarded Harry Elmer with the Overall Winner of the Evening award.
Elsewhere, Emma Gillbanks from Burrington Primary scooped the Best Soloist gong.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 3 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 4 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 5 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 6 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 7 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 10 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
Isolde Russe from Churchill narrowly missed out, finishing in second place.