Young musicians shine in annual Rotary contest
- Credit: The Rotary Club of Wrington Vale
The Wrington Vale Rotary Junior Young Musician of the Year awards produced some stunning performances in its latest edition.
In total, 10 acts competed at Churchill Academy on February 6, pitting their artistic flair against one another.
There were representatives from five surrounding primary schools on show, and it was Harry Emler from Saint Andrews Primary who took home the top prize - Best Musician.
Wrington's Molly Blundell came in second spot.
Churchill Senior School's Paul Harrison was the events adjudicator.
You may also want to watch:
Harrison also awarded Harry Elmer with the Overall Winner of the Evening award.
Elsewhere, Emma Gillbanks from Burrington Primary scooped the Best Soloist gong.
- 1 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Cosmetics company creates candle to raise cash for Weston Hospicecare
- 4 New scheme to monitor high-risk Covid patients at home will 'save lives'
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 6 Weston Hospicecare postpones Men's March due to possible lockdown extension
- 7 Community shop seeks new manager
- 8 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 9 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 10 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
Isolde Russe from Churchill narrowly missed out, finishing in second place.