Young musicians shine in annual Rotary contest
- Credit: The Rotary Club of Wrington Vale
The Wrington Vale Rotary Junior Young Musician of the Year awards produced some stunning performances in its latest edition.
In total, 10 acts competed at Churchill Academy on February 6, pitting their artistic flair against one another.
There were representatives from five surrounding primary schools on show, and it was Harry Emler from Saint Andrews Primary who took home the top prize - Best Musician.
Wrington's Molly Blundell came in second spot.
Churchill Senior School's Paul Harrison was the events adjudicator.
You may also want to watch:
Harrison also awarded Harry Elmer with the Overall Winner of the Evening award.
Elsewhere, Emma Gillbanks from Burrington Primary scooped the Best Soloist gong.
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 3 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 4 Retailers react as shops reopen to customers again
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 7 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
Isolde Russe from Churchill narrowly missed out, finishing in second place.