PICTURES: Summer fair raises £2k for village primary school
- Credit: Archant
Around 200 villagers were treated to beautiful weather at a primary school summer fair over the weekend.
Spectacular prizes were up for grabs at the annual Wrington Village Fete on Saturday, including the chance to win a hot air balloon ride at Bristol's international balloon fiesta next month.
The Electronotes made their debut appearance - starring six 11-year-old band members - and were described as 'really lovely and different to previous acts' by event organiser Sarah Jackson.
Sarah continued: "The fair went really well and raised more than £2,000 for Wrington Primary School, which is an outstanding amount and beat our record from last year.
"There was a range of entertainment for visitors to take part in on the day, including a name the teddy game, hook-a-duck competition, penalty shoot-out and face-painting.
You may also want to watch:
"A barbecue, bar, ice cream and cream teas were also on offer for people to enjoy."
- 1 Around 3,000 patients leave Weston surgery after being 'fed up with problems'
- 2 Crews tackle large fire at Burnham-on-Sea pier
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 5 Artist creates giant image of band on Brean beach
- 6 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 7 Legendary DJ to perform in Weston this weekend
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset