PICTURES: Summer fair raises £2k for village primary school
- Credit: Archant
Around 200 villagers were treated to beautiful weather at a primary school summer fair over the weekend.
Spectacular prizes were up for grabs at the annual Wrington Village Fete on Saturday, including the chance to win a hot air balloon ride at Bristol's international balloon fiesta next month.
The Electronotes made their debut appearance - starring six 11-year-old band members - and were described as 'really lovely and different to previous acts' by event organiser Sarah Jackson.
Sarah continued: "The fair went really well and raised more than £2,000 for Wrington Primary School, which is an outstanding amount and beat our record from last year.
"There was a range of entertainment for visitors to take part in on the day, including a name the teddy game, hook-a-duck competition, penalty shoot-out and face-painting.
"A barbecue, bar, ice cream and cream teas were also on offer for people to enjoy."
- 1 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 2 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 3 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 4 Teachers at school take on Movember challenge
- 5 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 6 Weston MP tells Boris Johnson UK childcare is among 'most unaffordable'
- 7 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 8 How Somerset's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Famous spoof awards winner announced
- 10 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks