PICTURES: Summer fair raises £2k for village primary school
- Credit: Archant
Around 200 villagers were treated to beautiful weather at a primary school summer fair over the weekend.
Spectacular prizes were up for grabs at the annual Wrington Village Fete on Saturday, including the chance to win a hot air balloon ride at Bristol's international balloon fiesta next month.
The Electronotes made their debut appearance - starring six 11-year-old band members - and were described as 'really lovely and different to previous acts' by event organiser Sarah Jackson.
Sarah continued: "The fair went really well and raised more than £2,000 for Wrington Primary School, which is an outstanding amount and beat our record from last year.
"There was a range of entertainment for visitors to take part in on the day, including a name the teddy game, hook-a-duck competition, penalty shoot-out and face-painting.
You may also want to watch:
"A barbecue, bar, ice cream and cream teas were also on offer for people to enjoy."
- 1 Armed police at Birnbeck Pier after reports of men with a gun
- 2 Petrol filling station and food store opens on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Sun shines on successful Weston food festival
- 4 'Brilliant week' for Weston after April 12 ease in restrictions
- 5 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 6 Police appeal for dash cam footage after serious collision near Weston
- 7 Workshops to discuss new medical centre at Weston Rugby Club
- 8 GALLERY: Photographers capture springtime snapshots in Weston-super-Mare
- 9 Winscombe gardening business gets Alan Titchmarsh's blessing
- 10 Teenager charged with murder in Weston