X Factor star to raise cash for homeless
- Credit: sub
A high-flying X Factor competitor who impressed singer Robbie Williams will star in a charity night to help the homeless.
Year 11 student Kezia Povey shot to fame on the talent show after making it to Judges’ Houses with her girl group, Sweet Sense.
She is now back in school and finishing her GCSEs and is now doing her part for charity.
She will be singing to raise money for the town’s homeless at a concert in January.
The rising star hopes to attend a prestigious music college once finishing at Priory Community School, in Worle.
You may also want to watch:
Kezia said: “I had an amazing experience on X Factor and enjoyed every second.
“Looking back on it now, I can see what a great platform it was and the start I needed to hopefully have a career in the music industry as I have realised how much I want it.
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 6 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
“I just need to try really hard to get the grades needed to make it into music college, so I’ve got my fingers crossed.”