Street lights to be replaced
- Credit: Getty Images/Fuse
More than a dozen roads will have their lights replaced at points over the next six months.
North Somerset Council will replace street lamps with more cost-effective ones that are better for the environment.
Eleven streets in Weston are earmarked for work this autumn: Ashbury Drive, Hillside Gardens, Rendcomb Close, Prescot Close, Naunton Way, Notgrove Close, Tirley Way, Challow Drive, The Glen, and Aycote Close and, if remaining funds are available, Birnbeck Road.
Stowey Road and Mendip Close in Yatton will also see lights changed.
Cllr James Tonkin said: "Many of our street lights have reached the end of their life.
You may also want to watch:
"The lighting units will be replaced with low energy LED units which will conserve energy helping the environment, preventing light pollution and reducing the drain on council resources.
"The cost of the new units will be recouped in future years with reduced maintenance and operating costs which one again will be environmentally beneficial."
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 4 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 5 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 6 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 9 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 10 Cinemas reopen after easing of lockdown restrictions
Access to homes and businesses will be maintained at all times.