Street lights to be replaced
- Credit: Getty Images/Fuse
More than a dozen roads will have their lights replaced at points over the next six months.
North Somerset Council will replace street lamps with more cost-effective ones that are better for the environment.
Eleven streets in Weston are earmarked for work this autumn: Ashbury Drive, Hillside Gardens, Rendcomb Close, Prescot Close, Naunton Way, Notgrove Close, Tirley Way, Challow Drive, The Glen, and Aycote Close and, if remaining funds are available, Birnbeck Road.
Stowey Road and Mendip Close in Yatton will also see lights changed.
Cllr James Tonkin said: "Many of our street lights have reached the end of their life.
"The lighting units will be replaced with low energy LED units which will conserve energy helping the environment, preventing light pollution and reducing the drain on council resources.
"The cost of the new units will be recouped in future years with reduced maintenance and operating costs which one again will be environmentally beneficial."
- 1 Four jailed for total of more than 40 years for raid at drug dealer's home
- 2 Man jailed for stealing high-powered cars
- 3 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 4 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 5 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 8 New boss Hutt 'couldn't say yes fast enough' to Winscombe post
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
Access to homes and businesses will be maintained at all times.