Street lights to be replaced
- Credit: Getty Images/Fuse
More than a dozen roads will have their lights replaced at points over the next six months.
North Somerset Council will replace street lamps with more cost-effective ones that are better for the environment.
Eleven streets in Weston are earmarked for work this autumn: Ashbury Drive, Hillside Gardens, Rendcomb Close, Prescot Close, Naunton Way, Notgrove Close, Tirley Way, Challow Drive, The Glen, and Aycote Close and, if remaining funds are available, Birnbeck Road.
Stowey Road and Mendip Close in Yatton will also see lights changed.
Cllr James Tonkin said: "Many of our street lights have reached the end of their life.
You may also want to watch:
"The lighting units will be replaced with low energy LED units which will conserve energy helping the environment, preventing light pollution and reducing the drain on council resources.
"The cost of the new units will be recouped in future years with reduced maintenance and operating costs which one again will be environmentally beneficial."
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Will garden village be revived?
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 6 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 9 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
Access to homes and businesses will be maintained at all times.