Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- Credit: Archant
A man appeared in court on Monday after being charged in connection with an incident in Yatton.
James Richardson, aged 33, was charged with two counts of attempted murder after a man and a woman, both in their 60s, were found seriously injured near the Henley Lane area at about 3pm on Saturday. They both remain in hospital.
Richardson, of no fixed address, will also face one count each of assaulting an emergency worker and breaching a restraining order.
He was remanded ahead of appearing at North Somerset Courthouse before the Times and Mercury went to press.
Officers have been conducting additional reassurance patrols in the Yatton area since the weekend.
Enquiries into what happened are continuing and police are asking any witnesses who could assist their investigation to contact them through their website or call 101 and give the reference number 5221076615.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 2 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 3 Tropicana announces trio of lockdown-busting summer club nights
- 4 Primary school welcomes new principal
- 5 Travellers set up camp on Weston seafront
- 6 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list
- 7 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 8 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 9 Lockdown easing: Clip 'N Climb 'counting down the days' to reopening
- 10 May 17: What are the Covid travel rules?