Tasty cakes and beautiful flowers judged at Yatton Spring Show
- Credit: Archant
Everything from arts and crafts and blooming bouquets were on show at the weekend in Yatton.
Spring may officially not have started until Wednesday but it arrived a little early in the village.
Yatton Horticultural Society’s spring show is always a popular event and this year proved to be no different.
Green-fingered villagers seem to specialise in fantastic daffodils but there was a whole lot more on offer to visitors too.
The produce classes received a bumper crop of entries, with Stephen Thorne’s prize-winning leeks a sign of the quality on show.
You may also want to watch:
Judges were impressed by Daisy Smith’s Victoria delicious-looking sandwich cake, while a number of children entered the art categories – including the best-dressed Mr or Mrs Potato Head.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer