Tasty cakes and beautiful flowers judged at Yatton Spring Show
- Credit: Archant
Everything from arts and crafts and blooming bouquets were on show at the weekend in Yatton.
Spring may officially not have started until Wednesday but it arrived a little early in the village.
Yatton Horticultural Society’s spring show is always a popular event and this year proved to be no different.
Green-fingered villagers seem to specialise in fantastic daffodils but there was a whole lot more on offer to visitors too.
The produce classes received a bumper crop of entries, with Stephen Thorne’s prize-winning leeks a sign of the quality on show.
You may also want to watch:
Judges were impressed by Daisy Smith’s Victoria delicious-looking sandwich cake, while a number of children entered the art categories – including the best-dressed Mr or Mrs Potato Head.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Village enjoys returning horticultural show
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 9 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse
- 10 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment